Join Dr. Dicken and Beth Ellen DiLugio in this episode as they talk about inflammation and its biomarkers. Learn about the signs and symptoms of inflammation, what conditions are associated with it, how our body can fight it, as well as the role of cytokines in inflammation!
- What is inflammation?
- How do we know which conditions are associated with inflammation?
- What are the sources of inflammation?
- Inflammation biomarkers
- Beth talks about the practical aspects of looking at cytokines
- Inflammation and Cytokine Storm Assays
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines vs anti-inflammatory cytokines
- The ideal state of a patient prior to getting testing that would give the most value in terms of results from a clinical perspective?
- Dietary inflammatory index
- The most important anti-inflammatory spices
- Natural supplements that boost immunity
Did you find today’s episode helpful?
If you enjoy today’s conversation please click here to leave a review for Optimal - The Podcast and be sure to visit the Optimal DX blog to get all of the articles and research mentioned in the podcast.
Get notified when a new episode comes out by subscribing to Optimal - The Podcast on your favorite podcast app!
Education is the most effective way to make change. Help others get the information they need by sharing this episode!