Welcome to episode 13 of Optimal - The Podcast! In this episode Dr. Dicken Weatherby and Beth Ellen DiLuglio talk about the NMR Lipoprofile, and if it’s a good course of action for diagnosis.
After a little discussion about real food, Dr. Dicken and Beth dive deep into the NMR Lipoprofile panel and uncover the small nuances doctors need to be aware of when ordering this important series of biomarkers. They go through what can be measured with the NMR Lipoprofile, and why it would be a good option to consider– while also comparing it to the Cardio IQ Report (Ion Mobility).
Don’t miss out on this episode as they share their findings on some biomarkers that initially had them scratching their heads; namely the key difference between the sdLDL and sdLDL-C biomarkers!
- (02:19) Dr. Dicken and Beth discuss real food!
- (11:13) What is NMR?
- (12:17) The subclasses assessed in the NMR report.
- (18:53) What do the results of the NMR lipoprotein subfractionation mean?
- (23:37) Is sdLDL the same as sdLDL-C?
- (32:19) Is NMR the same as Ion Mobility or other methods of lipoprotein subfractionation, e.g. the Cardio IQ® test?
Where to Reach Dr. Weatherby
Where to Reach Beth
Did you find today’s episode helpful?
If you enjoy today’s conversation, please click here to leave a review for Optimal - The Podcast.
Get notified when a new episode comes out by subscribing to Optimal - The Podcast on your favorite podcast app!
Education is the most effective way to make a change. Help others get the information they need by sharing this episode!